Saturday, October 5, 2013

Dancing With the Stars Hollywood Week

  

          Its another week of ballroom fun as we watch our Stars dance their asses off or at least try to. Coming off of last weeks first elimination tonight is Hollywood night as our stars pay tribute to even bigger stars than them. The night starts off with film noir style dance to introduce all of our stars in all honesty I really miss the walk down the stairs intros but I guess they have to add dances in somewhere since Tuesdays show is no longer. But lets get to the dances, will the judges reveal their scores.

Leah and Tony: Dancing the Rumba. This dance was inspired by James Bond but what exactly is James Bond like about this dance? The fact that they danced it to Skyfall? Then yeah sure I can say it was James Bond like but unless Daniel Craig came out and finished the dance then that would made the dance ten time more awesome and James Bond like. Overall the dance was ok for me it was very fluid and romantic the way it is supposed to be. Total Score: 24/30

Corbin and Karina: Dancing the Quick Step. Corbin was afraid he was not going to nail this but I think he did a pretty solid job. Their dance was film inspired as Corbin was the director and Karina was the actress trying to seduce him for a job through dance. The dance was really good, he landed all the steps so A+ in my book. Overall Score: 26/30

Elizabeth and Val: Dancing the Foxtrot. Val was full clothed for the dance dressed as a Airline Pilot and Elizabeth and his steward. I thought it was very elegant and beautiful, her steps were perfect and her movement was very fluid. But Elizabeth in all honest did you just get introduced to twitter this week??? #stopsayinghashtag. Even Tom agrees with me. Overall Score: 25/30

Brant and Pita: Dancing the Quick Step. So Brant is one of our stars with an injury this week, he has a sprained ligament and he just so happens to be doing a really fast dance so he picked the wrong dance out of the hat this time, at least its how I think they pick out their dances. They did a 50's style approach flappers and all but I thought the dance was ok the judges loved it but I think it could have been better maybe the judges saw something I didn't see. Overall Score: 27/30

Valerie and Tristan: Dancing the Cha-Cha-Cha. Inspired by Freddie Mercury and Grace Kelly, but Valerie was our next star with and injury as her knees were giving her problems and it showed. The dance was not good I even saw Bruno cringing in the background as the dance was going on. Overall Score: 16/30

Bill E. and Emma: Dancing the Pasadoble. In a western/Lone Ranger theme Pasdoble I thought they pulled it off really nice, it was like cowboys and Indians. He did really well even I was impressed he nailed everything. Overall Score: 24/30

Amber and Derek: Dancing the Charleston. My opinion of this dance it was like a hip-hop Charleston from the song to the dance moves and I was not a fan of it. Maybe because I don't completely understand how the Charleston is supposed to look but I didn't like it. Overall Score: 24/30

Jack and Cheryl: Dancing the Cha-Cha-Cha. They went 70's Hollywood with Go-Go boots, and pimp jackets. It was ok I felt like somewhere in the middle he looked like he was counting his steps and his hands and body looked a little stiff to me. Overall Score: 22/30

Christina and Mark: Dancing the Charleston. Of course with Mark you get the silly nonsense but for this dance his antics work because the Charleston is supposed to be fun. Mark had a clown face that I was not a fan of but the dance was good it was fun and peppy and I liked it. Overall Score: 26/30

Snicole and Sasha: Dancing the Quick Step. They chose Marilyn Monroe as their inspiration because for some reason Snicole feels she was just like Marilyn in a past life. She is clearly crazy for thinking that, they should have airbrushed her tattoos because Marilyn wouldn't be looking like that. Their dance was good it was definitely Snicole focused but the foot movement was spot on. Overall Score:25/30

Bill Nye and Tyne: Dancing Jazz. My poor Bill Nye injured himself last week but still he wanted to dance even though he was advised not. And in a futuristic Hollywood Bill could walk again it was not the best of the night but he took strength to go out there and dance. Overall Score: 16/30

Elimination Time: Bottom three are: Bill Nye and Tyne, Christina and Mark, and Brant and Pita. The eliminated team sadly is Bill Nye and Tyne. I feel so sad Bill Nye was the best but with dancing I do understand he was not as good. I am going to miss Bill he was the only reason I was watching the show this year but even though he is gone I will still continue to watch the rest of the season. By Bill Nye hope you get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment