Sunday, October 20, 2013

New Pokemon Series X/Y First Impression

   

       So yesterday after the Gensect movie Cartoon Network gave a preview of the new series for the Pokemon franchise and that is Pokemon X/Y. As usual you have our man hero Ash and Pikachu starting off a new adventure in the Kalos region and I thought the first two episodes were pretty steller. I have been watching the series since the first season with Ash, Brock, and Misty who will always be my favorite traveling trio in the history of pokemon. These three just had a great dynamic when they travel together and the thought of Ash and Misty being a couple has always crossed my mind. Ash and Misty just had this love/hate relationship that was so playful and cute that he just never had with anyone else he traveled with. Despite the shows up's and downs it had with its plot lines and the people who Ash traveled with who I wasn't too fond of, and even the direction team rocket took to the point where they annoyed me I still stood with the show because it will always be part of my childhood.  In regard to Ash and Pikachu's traveling companions the Unova one's have to be my least favorite and for that matter the whole Unova season weren't that great in my book. The only part I liked about it was that Team Rocket got a better plot line than just the normal trying to steal Pikachu and failing horribly at it, I liked that they became these really good team rocket members. For one time in their lives all of their scheming paid off in the end and they actually got the job done because lets face it their plot of them trying to steal Pikachu have gotten so old and so constant that it became annoying, it was great in the first couple of seasons but after awhile it tiresome seeing them do the same thing in every episode.
      Ash's traveling companions in the Unova region were Cilan the pokemon connoisseur/ gym leader. I hated his whole connoisseur approach and how with everything he does he has to evaluate it and discover its flavor. It was complete Bullshit!! And to add to that he was a connoisseur for almost everything, not just pokemon battles, he was a fishing connoisseur, a detective connoisseur, a relationship connoisseur I mean seriously it was so annoying. And his pokemon evaluations were so stupid he would say things like this pokemon's move has a spicy aroma with a hint of sweetness. I was so terrified for every pokemon he evaluated because I thought he was going to chop them into bits and eat them to really get to the bottom of their spicy flavor. Ash's other companion was Iris and I couldn't stand her and her ego. She always had a habit of calling Ash a little kid and always bringing him down, Isis you all are little kids and still have a lot to learn but really based on the time line of Pokemon has is way older than all of them. Iris always felt she was better than everyone else in general always to prove that she was right and everyone else is wrong. But Ash is not getting off that easy as I found him very annoying in the Unova region for starters he used his pokedex for EVERYTHING!!!!!! Even for pokemon he knew like metapod and beedrill I mean come on Ash you know who these pokemon are and you even called them by their name yet you still use your pokedex? You used the pokedex on them in like the first season so they were already registered.
       But anyway enough about Unova lets talk about Kalos and the new series Pokemon X/Y and the 6th generation of Pokemon. So as you know the new games for this series came out earlier this October and they look amazing. Now I don't actually have the game but I have been watching Marriland's Pokemon X walkthrough on Youtube and just by that it makes me want the game's even more and the fact that its on the 3DS makes it even better. Hopefully I will get some money so I can buy at least one of the games. But the series looks great it was a good start and I love that Ash is starting off on his own plus Pikachu but Cilan and Iris are not with him thank god. I thought they were going to go with him giving to fact that they are all traveling to the Kanto region together. But I love that is just Ash and Pikachu and that he will get new travel companions. So Ash and Pikachu arrive in Lumiose City along with Alexa who is currently traveling with the Unova gang to Kanto. But she won't be with Ash long in Kalos as they soon part ways, so the first thing Ash want to do why a gym battle of course. So he haed to Prism Tower home of the Lumiose City Gym but can't battle because he needs at least 4 gym badges before battling there similar to the game. So after getting booted out of the gym he meets Clemont and his little sister Bonnie and for those of you who have played the game you know Clemont is the Lumiose Gym leader but I wonder how long it would be till he tells Ash this? He might be like Misty and how she concealed the fact that she was a gym leader till Ash got to the Cerulean City gym we just have to wait and see. So after the three get acquainted Ash and Clemont have a battle but before a winner is decided Team Rocket buts in and does what they always do try and steal Pikachu. And like always they fail but it was very nice to see Woboffet back on their team. So after that they meet the Pokemon professor of the region Professor Sycamore and he tells them about Mega Evolutions a new evolution that only a small amount of Pokemon can do and that its only temporary. But as usual Team Rocket is listening in and decide that they want mega evolution all to themselves. So they invade the Poke lab and put a shock type collar on Garchomp as they plan to steal it because it can mega evolve but as always they lose and get blasted off but the collar on Garchomp was still on him and it was making him go crazy. So with Garchomp terrorizing the city Ash saves the day like always and things go back to normal. So after that Ash, Clemont, and Bonnie decide to go on a journey together and depart from the professor's lab but not without the professor giving Ash a Kalos Pokedex and Ash also gets his first Pokemon in Kalos a Froakie a water type pokemon who helped him defeat team rocket.
         I honestly feel this is going to be a great new season in the Kalos region, I love the vibe I am getting from it and I love the new travel companions Clemont the wacky gym leader/inventor and Bonnie the little girl who is fascinated by everything she reminds me of Max from the Hoenn Region series and I know soon they will be joined be Serena when they finally meet her. Overall I can't wait till this season starts the Unova one has to end soon cause I want this one to start right now. So did you guys see this preview of the new X/Y series? What do you think? Good? Bad?    

No comments:

Post a Comment