Tuesday, October 15, 2013

DWTS: A Trip Down Memory Lane



      Its another week of DWTS as our celeb cast takes a trip down memory lane. We begin the night with the first live performance of the evening by some singer I don't even know. Our favorite head judge Len is back and thank god they didn't do a judges intro like last week cause I would have lost it lol. But before we get into some dancing Tom announces that based on viewer vote a female star will be leaving the ballroom. Oh man talk about spoilers. So with that being said lets get into the dances shall we, will the judges please reveal their scores.

Christina and Mark: Dancing the Cha-Cha-Cha. After Mark's slap to the face by guest judge Julianne last week this week was all about Christina and her trip down memory lane. Her story was the time she had her kid and then her marriage ended soon after wow what a memory to choose. But she wants to show in the song that women can bounce back from this and become stronger. In a sparkly colorful dress Christina rocked it. I thought the dance was amazing and fun and Christina shined in the dance and Mark didn't so that is a plus. Overall Score: 28/30 These guys scored the first ten of the season and it was very well deserved.

Jack and Cheryl: Dancing the Waltz. Jack's quest down memory lane is the time he found out he had MS. But in his dance he wants to show that he can grow stronger from it not only for himself but for his daughter. The dance itself was beautiful but what was up with all those lights. My god I have never seen so many lights for one dance in my life it was definitely light overkill. As for the dance it was beautiful and romantic, Jack head was in the game with this dance which made it that much better. Overall Score: 27/30

Leah and Tony: Dancing the Contemporary. I don't really understand Leah's memory trip but they are dancing contemporary and don't understand that dance either so I am already going into this dance confused. Ok so if I wasn't already confused about what contemporary is this dance did not help me understand it one bit. I really didn't like the dance, I didn't even feel like she was dancing I felt more like they were doing karate moves in a martial arts class, there was lifts and kicks everywhere. And then the dance started off with this weird puppet show and the song choice was not that great. Overall Score: 22/30

Corbin and Karina: Dancing the Foxtrot. Corbin dedicated his dance to his sister Phoenix who was diagnosed with scoliosis. Honestly this really hits home for me because I also have scoliosis its not as bad as hers but to deal with it every day is a real pain. OMG I nearly cried I thought the dance was so beautiful and so touching. Knowing the meaning behind it and knowing how much effort he put behind it made it more special. And seeing him spinning Karina across the floor was awesome. Overall Score: 28/30 Yes, second ten of the night very well deserved.

Bill and Emma: Dancing the Viennese Waltz. This dance is dedicated to his wife and Bill memory is when they got married. Aww I bet Bill wished he was dancing with his wife for that dance, I thought it was beautiful and so romantic. Again very weird lighting but it worked for the dance and it wasn't complete over kill. The dance was so fluid and I was in love with Emma's dress. Overall Score: 24/30 It deserved to have been higher.

Snicole and Sasha: Dancing Jazz. Snicole's memory is the time when she had a baby and became more responsible. Honestly I did not get this dance at all I mean was she trying to show us she moved away from this party life style and into adulthood if so this dance did not work. I felt like I was in a club with all the strobe lights and crazy dance moves. And it didn't feel very jazz to me it felt more like a modern techno so I was not a fan of this dance. Overall Score: 27/30

Brant and Pita: Dancing Contemporary. Brant's memory is the time when he lost his father and his journey to become an actor and his father influence over that. Ok so we have the great circle of lights which was total over kill and completely unnecessary. But other than that I like the dance it was passionate and awe inspiring so it was good but those lights have got to go. Overall Score: 27/30

Amber and Derek: Dancing the Foxtrot. Amber's memory is when she got her big singing and acting break on Glee. With that mic in the middle I thought she was going to sing and not dance but but she did do that in the end which was ok. I thought it was good but I don't know if it was just me but Derek was going a little too crazy in the dance but other than that the dance was fun and bright. Overall Score: 26/30

Elizabeth and Val: Dancing the Jive. Her memory lane trip takes her to the time her son was born and her Saved by the Bell days. Oh man I'm so Excited seriously this is the dance I have been waiting for. Elizabeth is going to channel her inner Jesse Spano and rock on in this dance. Holy crap that was awesome!!!!! Memories for her and for me oh man I loved that skit in the beginning and the whole dance all together *girl scream* it was great to relive Saved by the Bell memories. Overall Score: 26/30 Man Tom way to bring a girl down telling these guy that they are in jeopardy but props to Val for blaming Carrie Ann lol.

Elimination: Safe: Corbin and Karina, Amber and Derek, Bill and Emma, Jack and Cheryl, Brant and Pita, and Snicole and Sasha. The Bottom Three: Leah and Tony, Elizabeth and Val, and Christina and Mark. Eliminated: Christina and Mark.

     Wow that was interesting. Christina and Mark are gone was it because of Julianne's comment last week that opened viewers eyes to Mark's madness. But either way these guys were not happy to be the opens leaving especially Christina but at the end of the day someone has to go home. As for this episode it was great to have Len back I really missed him. As for the whole live musical performance I didn't really care for it mostly because I had no clue who this performer was and also he added nothing special in his performance to the dances shown. And honestly their was no point in Brooke interviewing Paris Hilton I mean really who cares what she has to say and by that I mean Brooke and Paris. But I guess that is all for this episode. Who will leave next?   

No comments:

Post a Comment