Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Dancing With The Stars Season Premiere


    Ok I have to say this is the first time in a long time that I have watched DWTS since Kirstie Ally was on the show and from what I have seen a lot has changed. For one thing the judges table is now on the opposite side of the ballroom and right next to them is where the contestants now sit at, thats right no more going up to the celebriquarium for those awkward Brooke interviews. And even though I like that they have no more after dance awkward interviews with Brooke where every question is "So how did you feel about that dance?" it makes me wonder "So what are they going to do with Brooke now? I felt like Brooke was everywhere and nowhere at the same time during this entire episode. Does that make sense? I mean I feel like her role as a co-host in the past was to interview the contestants after their dance numbers but now that this aspect is gone and the contestants remain on the ballroom floor and since Tom is down there handling all of the interviews it makes me wonder what Brooke is going to do next? Throughout the show Brooke was either in the old Celebriquarium which now looks like this empty space that has been abandoned totally away from the action happening on the dance floor or they had her somewhere backstage doing random pointless interviews away from the action happening on the dance floor its like Brooke has been banished or something. If that was the case they should have put her outside of the soundstage doing random pointless interviews away from all of the action happening on the dance floor. Oh and about the new seating area where the celebs sit, Tom called it a "Sexy Bus Stop" but I think its more on the lines of the chairs you find in front of the principals offices as the celebs wait to be judged and ridiculed by the dance experts. I really hate it!!! But anyway enough talk lets get to the dancing. Will the Judges please reveal their scores:

Brant Daughetry and Peta Murgatroyd: Dancing the Cha-Cha-Cha. The due danced to Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines"and oddly enough Brant's outfit reminded me of Robin's outfit from the VMA's with the whole black/white color combo but thankfully Miley didn't come out and start feeling him up with a foam finger. The judges praised his dance and I thought it was just ok maybe because everytime I hear the song blurred lines I keep thinking of Miley with that foam finger and that is not a pretty sight. Overall score: 22/30

Leah Remini and Tony Devolani: Dancing the Foxtrot. Leah is best known for her role on the King of Queens admits that she is not much of a dancer and it kinda showed in her routine. I say kinda showed because I thought she was very good but she felt a little stiff especially with her arms but with some practice and if she can loosen up a bit I think she can be a serious contender. After her dance ended they cut to JLo crying and next to her was so guy and he kinda looked like a cross between Marc Anthony and John Leguizamo and that is not a compliment. And speaking of not a compliment lets talk about the one Bruno made about Leah's dance he said she looked like she was twerking like Miley Cyrus and Leah was not happy about that comment and frankly I wasn't either. I mean to compare her dancing to Miley Bruno needs to get his eyes checked because there are so many things wrong with that comparison. Overall Score: 21/30

    Before we get to our next couple we got a famous Brooke interview with Corbin and Karina and although I have no idea what the interview was about because I was too busy looking at Brooke's outfit and wondering what she was thinking when she put it on. It was like this weird two piece outfit with a halter top top and this maxi dress type bottom but the kicker was her neon blue nail polish and I know that any color polish and black is ok but this color not so much. This girl is just a lost cause in terms of style and interviewing skills but anyway back to the action.

Corbin Bleu and Karina Smirnoff: Dancing Contemporary style of dance it was filled with lifts, jumps and some weird body movements. At one point in the dance Corbin lifted her up and his legs were so wobbly I thought he was going to loose his grip on her and she was going to fall flat on her face. The judges apparently loved it and were yelling and hollering with praise I for one did not understand it?? Overall Score: 24/30

Jack Osbourne and Cheryl Burke: Dancing the Foxtrot. Ok so I'm watching this dance and the first thing I noticed is Cheryl's outfit and I was not a fan of it, it was red but it have the nude like fabrics on the side and feathers on the bottom and it was not working in her favor. But seriously as I am sitting here watching the show and taking notes not the dance and when I look back up at the screen BAM the dance is over in a split second and next thing I see is Mama Osbourne crying her eyes out and all I'm thinking is what the hell did I miss?!?!? So now I have to go to DVR mode and rewind just to see the dance I mean is it me or are these dances shorter this season? Overall Score 23/30 so it must have been good in the judges eyes.

    But before commercial break here is Brooke now backstage near hair and makeup. She should tell them to change her nail polish color cause its really bothering me.

Amber Riley and Derek Hough: Dancing the Cha-Cha-Cha. They surprisingly earned the highest score of the night which is a surprise to me because I thought they were good but not great. Amber also played the big girls can dance too card trying to make a statement saying anyone can do this. While thats great and all this card has bee played before on this show so you are not the first to prove this point so nice try. But honestly judges three 9's? She was good I will give her that but I really don't think she deserver three 9's maybe one 9 but three? Overall Score: 27/30

Elizabeth Berkley and Val Chmerkovskiy: Dancing Contemporary style of dance. So a lot of people remember Elizabeth from her role as Jesse on Saved by the Bell I know I do and most people know her from the movie "Showgirls". The danced itself was filled with lifts, jumps, and some weid dance movements and I realized that I don't really understand contemporary dance that much. But what I do know is that Elizabeth's dance was far more superior the Corbin's contemporary dance it was much more beautiful and romantic than Corbin's. Overall Score: 24/30

Bill Nye and Tyne Stecklein: Dancing the Cha-Cha-Cha. I'm soory but I have to put this in there.

 
OMG I loved this show when I was a kind he always made me feel since was a super cool subject and I love when they placed his show in class for no reason what so ever but just for the fact that its Bill Nye and that was all that really mattered. He was the only reason that I decided to watch the show this year because its Bill Nye the Science Guy!!!! His performance was not as good as Amber Riley(still don't understand that one really three 9's?) But I thought it was ten time cuter as our Beauty and the Geek couple danced together to the song "Weird Science", I love the lab set up and he even had on his signature blue lab coat so I give him 30/30 for that nostalgic moment. Overall Score: 14/30 but I feel that Bill will be sticking around for a while mostly because of his large fan base.

Keyshawn Johnson and Sharma Burgess: Dancing the Cha-Cha-Cha. So in the past the football players were real contenders but this guy not so must. He was kinda stiff and robotic like and honestly what exactly was going on with Sharma's outfit? It was like Midus touched her clothes and this was the end result. Lets hope no one ever wears gold spanxs ever!! I'm serious. Overall Score 17/30

Christina Milian and Mark Ballas: Dancing Contemporary style of dance. So a lot of people feel that Christina will excel in this competition but I feel that her main down fall will be her partner Mark Ballas. In the past Mark is known for being over the top in his dance routines and he tends to do thing totally unrelated to the dance assigned to him and Christina will suffer for this. Just like the other contemporary dances this one had lefts, jumps and weird dance moves. Oh and I guess we won't be seeing her on the Voice anymore in the electronic studio lounge where everyone is on their Ipads and Iphones for no reason what so ever. Overall Score: 22/30

      So back to Brooke to see what the producers assigned her to do now. Oh look she is interviewing the audience I guess she is done interviewing the stars now she is moving on to the audience how sad. Some one needs to put this girl somewhere and have her stay there.

Bill Engvall and Emma Slater: Dancing the Foxtrot. Bill is a comedian who is dancing for all of the rednecks out there and I have to say he was pretty good. Bruno on the other hand "felt something" during that dance and what the "something was the world may never know. Overall Score: 18/30

Valerie Harper and Tristan MacManus: Dancing the Foxtrot. I have to say it was a beautiful foxtrot. There was not a dry eye in that ballroom after that dancing was over. The woman is surviving a brain tumer and her is so lively and so full of joy and happiness and that is what makes this woman so remarkable. Even Len was crying and it takes a lot for that British man to cry. Overall Score: 21/30

Snooki and Sasha Farber: Dancing the Cha-Cha-Cha. Last but not least Snooki aka Nicole aka Snicole as Tom likes to call her which is the name I will be using from now on cause I love it. But overall her Cha-Cha-Cha was pretty damn good so props to her. Overall Score: 23/30

    So that is it for this episode and I have to say its a pretty good start and I might just stick around for the whole season or for as long as Bill Nye is there for. But as you know the show is now one day a week so that means no more Tuesday episodes which I am perfectly fine with since I always skip through all the dancing stuff and just watch the elimination. So who are you guys rooting for? And do you think Brooke's days are numbered on this show as much as I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment